I don’t even know where to start with my skin.. It is sensitive, dry, acne-prone and has pigmentation issues.
Whenever I get some kind of breakout (usually around my chin and inner cheeks) they always leave dark spots behind. I don’t pick at my skin but it is always giving me problems.
I also started getting acne as an adult which made it tougher for me. It is all mainly hormonal and has now calmed down for the most part. I was left behind with a lot of discoloration not so much texture. For a long time I did not know what to do about it because it seemed as if nothing worked.
I now have a routine that has improved my complexion and overall makes me feel good when I do it. I see skincare as a little treat everyday and not a chore. I am so happy to see my complexion looking more and more even.
I have 2 cleansers I absolutely love. They make my skin feel good not stripped but clean.
- https://www.fresh.com/us/soy-face-cleanser-H00000002.html This is the first cleanser I ever really loved, I was always switching. Washing my face with this feels so gentle yet effective. This is my main day and night cleanser.
- https://us.innisfree.com/hydrating-cleansing-foam-with-green-tea/231170119.html?cgid=sc-green-tea-1#start=6 When my skin is feeling extra rough I use this cleanser. For my skin it feels a little stronger (I wouldn’t use this daily) but when my skin is struggling it looks so much brighter and clean after I use this cleanser.
I also have 2 toners I use (also for regular vs a rough skin day)
- https://us.innisfree.com/nourishing-ampoule-toner-with-ginger-honey/270671021.html?cgid=sc-toner#start=4 This is my everyday toner, it adds extra moisture to my skin and soaks up very nicely. This is one of the products I added to my routine when I realized my complexion was brighter and more even.
- When my skin is acting up I used witch hazel before using my Nourishing Ampule Toner. I can’t use it by itself because my skin feels dry afterwards but it does help my acne stay under control.
Essences, no one ever told me about them growing up but they are an amazing addition to my skincare!
- https://www.fresh.com/us/black-tea-kombucha-facial-treatment-essence-H00004384.html I received a sample of this and loved it. Our skin goes through a lot in the day even if you don’t wear make-up everyday. Pollution, dirt etc gets into our pores and since adding this into my routine I really see my skin more radiant and clear overall.
I am also new to the world of serums but when I was researching online to see what could help with my hyper-pigmentation I found this one and not only does it feel extremely nice on my face but it also has helped my complexion look a little but more even. It hasn’t completely cleared up but it now has a more even look.
- In combination for my complexion overall I also like to use the following product that I found while browsing the Soko Glam website https://sokoglam.com/collections/serum-ampoule/products/neogen-real-vita-c-powder-lemon I use this twice a week and not only does it makes my skin look so bright and I also see slow changes as I use this more
Next is sheet masks I ABSOLUTELY love the masks from Innisfree. All of them. Any mask from there soaks in to the skin so well. It doesnt make my skin feel sticky like others do. They are also very thin and stick to the face.
As far as masks go I religiously use the Fresh Beauty Lotus Youth Preserve Mask. It smells so good and only takes 5 minutes. When I am having a rough morning in general this really helps me feel better. It smells nice and it.’s an extra treat to take care of myself.
And lastly.. Moisturizer. I have always had a weird relationship with moisturizers every time I ran out I would buy a different one because they never felt different to me. Until I tried the one I use now.
- https://sokoglam.com/products/neogen-vita-duo-cream-joan-day-joan-night It’s a day and night cream. Soaks into my skin, smells nice and makes me face feel soft. It moisturizes my skin enough which a lot of lighter moisturizers don’t do for me.